+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I find 10" center bathroom faucet?

I am renovating my mom's bathroom. She has a vintage wall-mount sink that would be great to keep. But the faucet needs to be replaced. Is there any place that sells 10" center faucets?
    The current configuration is a hot water faucet and a cold water faucet. It would be great if there were only one faucet for temperature control. Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Can I find 10" center bathroom faucet?

There are faucets which have variable base sizes. An experienced plumbing rep will be able to steer you in the right direction or you'll be spending a lot of time on line looking at installation specifications to see if the valve parts under the counter are able to be placed at varying distances. Start by searching 8" faucets. I doubt any of the 4's will be variable.

Thank you so much! I'll see what I can do.

Here is something else that might work. If the holes are large enough to accommodate a single lever faucet, then mount one of those in one hole and a sink mounted soap dispenser in the other.

There is a type faucet for your application in old kitchen sinks. I don't know the spacing on those but they might be 10". Try looking for a kitchen faucet instead of a bathroom faucet.

I think what he has is a old sink with just two holes in it for two separate faucets. The faucet Keith mentioned will be the only one that will work.

John

paintergal,

If you have two holes in the wall and two nipples coming out which are 10" o.c. apart - the 8" wall mount kitchen faucet Keith and John mentioned will not work. Why? because the wall mount kitchen faucet sold in stores today is adjustable from 7" to 9" only, if I remember correctly.

If you still want a wall mount faucet, you'll need to move the pipes in the wall a little bit closer.

dji They have a wall mount bathroom sink. Not a wall mount kitchen sink faucet.

John

Sorry, I misread it...

In this case, Keith's first idea is what I would do: you will have a one handle faucet, a soap dispenser AND you keep the old sink. Bingo.

moen makes one on variable centers, i think its in the banbury collection if i remember right

Quote Originally Posted by perchinonlakeerie View Post
    moen makes one on variable centers, i think its in the banbury collection if i remember right
    You need three holes for that faucet. They have two.

John