+ Reply to Thread

Default Instant hot water dispenser

I want to install an instant hot water dispenser in my kitchen sink, but had a major case of sticker shock when I saw the price of the faucets for these units! I can get a bar faucet that looks identical for less than half the price. Is there a real difference between them?

Default Re: Instant hot water dispenser

Bar faucets can't be used. The faucets for the dispensers work entirely different. When you turn the faucet on the cold water runs through the faucet into the tank displacing the water in the tank that comes out the faucet as hot water. This is done so there is no water pressure on the tank. In other words the water in the tank is not under pressure it is just standing water until you open the faucet.

John

Costco has one for about $160, I think it's made by Anaheim (the maker of Waste King).
    Wholesale plumbing supply stores may have them for a little less, if you can get access to one.

Quote Originally Posted by casalarisa View Post
    I want to install an instant hot water dispenser in my kitchen sink, but had a major case of sticker shock when I saw the price of the faucets for these units! I can get a bar faucet that looks identical for less than half the price. Is there a real difference between them?
    What I don't understand is that they come with the hot water dispensers.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    What I don't understand is that they come with the hot water dispensers.

John
    Not necessarily. You can get a kit with the unit and faucet, or buy them separately. Either way is going to be $400+ to get something to match my fixtures (bronze).

Thinking creatively -- I can get a point of use water heater and bar faucet for about $250. I'll have to look into how hot I can set one.

Thanks for explaining the difference between the faucets!