+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Dehumidifier in crawlspace

I live in Virginia where there is a high humidity and moisture content. I was told a dehumidifier would be a great idea for my crawlspace and the recommended one was $1,500. My home is approx 1300 sqft. the crawl space has a moisture barrier, and seems relatively dry. I have done other recommended mitigating factors to reduce moisture such as removing my gutter guards and ensuring all spouts are draining away from my home. I have read many reviews and folks have had success with using the cheaper $300 lowes dehumidifiers in there crawl space. Does anyone have any input weather it would be a good investment to purchase the more expensive unit, or will the smaller unit suffice and save me some money?

Default Re: Dehumidifier in crawlspace

If it were me, I would opt for the $300 dehumidifier and start with that to see if it fixes the problem. That way, you can always step it up to the $1,500 solution and maybe sell the dehumid. Seems preferable to starting with the more expensive option. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by snowrider72 View Post
    I live in Virginia where there is a high humidity and moisture content. I was told a dehumidifier would be a great idea for my crawlspace and the recommended one was $1,500. My home is approx 1300 sqft. the crawl space has a moisture barrier, and seems relatively dry. I have done other recommended mitigating factors to reduce moisture such as removing my gutter guards and ensuring all spouts are draining away from my home. I have read many reviews and folks have had success with using the cheaper $300 lowes dehumidifiers in there crawl space. Does anyone have any input weather it would be a good investment to purchase the more expensive unit, or will the smaller unit suffice and save me some money?

Default Re: Dehumidifier in crawlspace

Quote Originally Posted by CGrace28 View Post
    If it were me, I would opt for the $300 dehumidifier and start with that to see if it fixes the problem. That way, you can always step it up to the $1,500 solution and maybe sell the dehumid. Seems preferable to starting with the more expensive option. Good luck.
    Go with the $300 one... our house is 1400 sqft and it's kept the basement bone dry since I put it down there.... we used to have a problem with sweating pipes and now not at all.