I live in Boise, ID. This is a high desert region; obviously little snow/rain. Lawns require too much water. I have been trying to kill my lawn. The lawn is being replace with various species of thyme, low water requirement.

I have tried to kill my lawn with name brand grass killers. The grass keeps coming back.

The 2 options I am looking at are copper sulfate and nitrogen rich fertilizer. The copper sulfate will kill the lawn. Then I am left with copper in the soil which is a toxin. Plants that have been genetically modified (GMO) are used to purify soil or water, so the first crop would need to leech copper and sulfides from the soil. A nitrogen rich soil would cause the lawn to grow. By not watering it, the lawn should die of thirst.

There has got to be an easier way. I live in Boise, ID. This is a high desert region; obviously little snow/rain. Lawns require too much water. I have been trying to kill my lawn. The lawn is being replace with various species of thyme, low water requirement.

I have tried to kill my lawn with name brand grass killers. The grass keeps coming back.

The 2 options I am looking at are copper sulfate and nitrogen rich fertilizer. The copper sulfate will kill the lawn. Then I am left with copper in the soil which is a toxin. Plants that have been genetically modified (GMO) are used to purify soil or water, so the first crop would need to leech copper and sulfides from the soil. A nitrogen rich soil would cause the lawn to grow. By not watering it, the lawn should die of thirst.

There has got to be an easier way.