Hi all,
I searched around the forum and couldn't find a post addressing this (sorry if this is a repost). We're remodeling a bedroom (Boston Metrowest area) and trying to save some space by replacing a huge corto-type standing cast iron radiator (5 tubes, 12 sections, 38" height) with cast iron baseboard heating (Burnham baseray or equivalent). Two issues:

1) I'm having a hard time nailing down a proper conversion to confirm the length of baseboard needed to achieve sufficient heat output (most of the data out there is for converting from one size/shape standing radiator to another). The room is 13' x 14.5' x 8' and we have a hot water gravity fed system.

2)I also have a feeling that the existing radiator is way over-sized for the room, but they did this to compensate for the fact that the room is at the end of a loop (2 rooms on the floor get very hot, 2 rooms stay pretty cold). We're considering splitting the loop to heat the second floor more evenly (my contractor insists this would be easy to do).

Does anyone know if converting to cast-iron baseboard is feasible in this situation, and how I might estimate the panel length we'd need?

Thanks in advance for your help,

d