+ Reply to Thread

Question Installing adjustable legs

We are installing quartz counters and ceramic floors in our kitchen and using our older model slide in electric range,which does not have adjustable legs.I already know I'm going to have to raise the height of the range to flush with the counter top by 3/4 to 1".Does anyone make generic adjustable legs that could be installed on the range?Thanks,John

Default Re: Installing adjustable legs

Why not carry the flooring under the range, problem solved. If you still need more height than that, you might be able to replace the existing foot with a bolt or a longer bolt than what is already there for adjustment.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If you can't find anything better, use small pieces of 3/4" wood under the 4 corners.

BTW, the new code says that a free standing stove must be secured to the wall with special brackets, to avoid tip overs.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    BTW, the new code says that a free standing stove must be secured to the wall with special brackets, to avoid tip overs.
    Is that a national code or a Californicator code because the ground jiggles every once in a while?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Spruce we are full of codes.

Small children like to climb up stoves. Why not, they have handles, glass doors, knobs and other attractive things. Well, some got body burns from tipped over boiling pots. Viola! a new code is born.

How did civilization survive before we had all these laws and codes to keep us out of harms way?

Ranges used to be cast iron, less probability of getting the center of gravity shifted by an open oven door when the range is 800 lbs. Now they are sheet metal, and the mass to off-balance it is probably within the weight of a chubby houswife's thigh.
    Did I just say that?
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombreuil_mongrel View Post
    the mass to off-balance it is probably within the weight of a chubby houswife's thigh.
    Did I just say that?
    Casey
    I certainly hope not, or I know one chubby husband that will be going without dinner tonight!