+ Reply to Thread

Thread: masonite siding

Default masonite siding

We have damaged masonite siding with large gouges from snow shoveling by the previous owners. It cannot be repaired. How do we replace it and Not damage the board above it? We live in the U.P. of Michigan where lots of snow lies on the decks. Thank you for any help.

Default Re: masonite siding

Remove the damaged boards using tools for removing roof shingles. Replace with Hardie siding. You can hide all the nails except the ones on the bottom of the last row of masonite.

Wait until the restof the masonite deteriorates and replace it row by row or whole sides of the hosue at once.

Default Re: masonite siding

Thank you, Houston Remodeler, for your advice on the Masonite siding. My husband has been in a quandry about what to do and because he's a man, he won't ask. So I decided to ask the experts who write on TOH boards. It's his summer project.

We were visiting my brother in Friendswood in March (a suburb of Houston). Your city is beautiful! The palm trees!! The visit to Galviston Bay reminded us the the Great Lakes. Only we don't have hurricanes. We are sorry about the extreme drought and the damage it's caused.

From the top of the country to the bottom...Thanks.