+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diverter?

Default Diverter?

I have a kitchen sink with a side sprayer. When I use the sprayer, the water in the faucet does not stop running. Is the part I need a diverter? How is it installed?

Default Re: Diverter?

It is a problem with the diverter. There in different locations on different faucets. If you can tell me what faucet you have I can help you get the correct one and give you instructions on how to replace it.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    It is a problem with the diverter. There in different locations on different faucets. If you can tell me what faucet you have I can help you get the correct one and give you instructions on how to replace it.

John
    Where the heck can you get a diverter? I need to replace mine and nobody has it. All I can tell you is that it's a Delta that's about 12 years old, single lever with side mount hose.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I have a Kohler Double Handle Kitchen faucet, K-16109-4A.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Where the heck can you get a diverter? I need to replace mine and nobody has it. All I can tell you is that it's a Delta that's about 12 years old, single lever with side mount hose.
    Most plumbing supply houses should have them. You may be able to get one at the big box store. They may not know what they look like. Here is the one you need. To install it you have to remove the spout and it's in the front under the spout. Just pull the old one out and install the new one.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_21760-72981-...Id=3192813&sit

John
    Last edited by johnjh2o; 05-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.

I get an error when I go to that link. Can you give me the info so I can Google it?

Hmm. The link changed. I can now see a DELTA Diverter Assembly. I can use that for my Kohler faucet?
    Last edited by emst; 05-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emst View Post
    I have a Kohler Double Handle Kitchen faucet, K-16109-4A.
    Here is a PDF file showing your faucet. Go to page 14 that shows the break down of your faucet. The diverter is part # 75878.

http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/k.../1130185_2.pdf

John

Thanks. I'm a 64-yr-old lady--do you remove the spout (like the Delta) and is the part inside?

Quote Originally Posted by emst View Post
    Thanks. I'm a 64-yr-old lady--do you remove the spout (like the Delta) and is the part inside?
    Yes you do remove the spout. I would also replace the O rings at the same time you replace the diverter. Just pay attention to the order in which the parts come out.

John