+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: can't get water to run in kitchen sink

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    Chances are it is a easy fix,but I need to know the make faucet you have to be able to help you.

John
    not sure of the make. can't find anything on it to tell me. looks like an american standard tho. the cheapest one you could use. landlord is not one for putting money into it. it is stainless steel with the hot and cold water handles that are plastic and look like those cut crystals. almost like what belongs in a bathroom. i watched the hose when i turned the faucet off and on and it bounces when it thumps. the sprayer is white.

I didn't know you had a landlord...
    Send him a letter, let him fix everything. Tell him how much you love this place, and that you want to stay here forever (true statements right?). The point is clear: put it in writing.

can't find the make on the faucet. looks like an old american standard. landlord didn't go in for expenses. stainless steel. hot and cold water knobs are that plastic cut crystal look like you see in bathrooms. the sprayer is white. all i know is it's getting worse and i don't want to even hassle with the landlord. i just want to find out if it's something i can fix and take care of it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this the faucet you have?

http://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/details/2402lf.html

John

Quote Originally Posted by rohit_gomes View Post
    replace the faucet , that will solve your problem.
    Why? It is a very simple repair with a cost of less then $10.00. That's like junking a car when the fan belt fails.

John
    Last edited by johnjh2o; 06-01-2012 at 08:55 AM.

electa

You don't want to get the landlord involved. OK, you're a "good" tenant. But...

John is giving you all the free help you can ever get, and I suspect that you're still unable to fix your problem. More than a month after you first posted, your drip is getting worse. Replace your faucet.

Your no name faucet is very inexpensive. You can find an as like replacement for less than $30. If you to want to upgrade to a Delta, with lifetime warranty on parts, get a Peerless (a Delta compay) at Walmart for $35. DONE.

And always remember, if the job is over your DIY skills, hire a handyman.