Hello,

I'm surely at the floor forum a lot these days! Here's another project I've got going on and hope to get some advice.

We are converting my single car attached garage to my new art studio! The space has insulated walls. We are insulating the ceiling with batt insulation and putting car siding on the ceiling. We replaced the overhead garage door with three french doors. I'm so pleased with what's happening.

My only concern is the heating of the space. I have an actual allergy to the cold that results in hives and breathing problems. I am going to use a couple of baseboards in the space but wonder if I won't be happier with an area under the easel that has the heating pad beneath tile. I'll go through this winter before making that decision.

Until I know whether I'll lay tile, I'd like to seal the existing concrete floor. It has great color and patina and is my first choice as a floor. Put, it would be easier to keep clean and having paint spots would be okay looking on this surface. With tile, I'd be more apt to feel the paint would need to be removed all the time!

Firstly, the question is, if I seal this floor, what do I need to do to prep it and what product do you recommend as a sealant?

Secondly, if I need to lay tile with heating element under it, will I need to strip that sealant?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate the help!