+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default new to this seeking help to help a lovely old church.

Need advice from community about How a church falling into disrepair, in a lovely community, can find a way to bring it back to its historic beauty, is there a program to submit pictures, ask for a makeover
    I am a senior who takes classes there and each time, I see the need of so many repairs, and see all these wonderful programs on tv that restores places and appeal to you to guide me to an outlet for help for this church thank you

Default Re: new to this seeking help to help a lovely old church.

Every building needs maintenance. Skipping or postponing maintenance will bring fast deterioration to the building.

There's got to be someone in the community who knows what to do here, and you know it ain't gonna be free. Ask around.

You can also find info on line.

If there's a historical preservation committee or society in your area, contact them. They will be able to point you toward resources and contractors that can help you out.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

I second the suggestion to try to find a local historical society. There are so many beautiful old churches in my city that just don't have the congregation strength to maintain them properly. I wish you luck!!