+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Safety ? ? ?

Default Safety ? ? ?

Got to love a show that has people using skill saws
    with the guard wedged up & hanging caulk guns on the outside
    of lifts while 2 stories up.

Default Re: Safety ? ? ?

The code specifically states that the saw's guard should be down at all times.

But experienced framers will tell you that they can't work like this. I've never seen this code enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    The code specifically states that the saw's guard should be down at all times.

But experienced framers will tell you that they can't work like this. I've never seen this code enforced.
    It is only enforced if the OSHA inspector is standing behind you at the time of the infraction.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    It is only enforced if the OSHA inspector is standing behind you at the time of the infraction.
    When the cat leaves, the mice come out...

I've known some framing crews where every employee "owned" their own company and contracted out their labor, just to get around the OSHA rules. You see, the owner isn't always subject to the rules.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.