+ Reply to Thread

Default The Plumber and the Brain Surgeon

Fencepost, this one's for you:

A brain surgeon called a plumber on a Sunday to fix a leaky faucet. The plumber changed the washer in 2 minutes and handed the doctor a bill for $200.

Doctor: This is too much, I don't even charge that much for 2 minute work...

Plumber: I know, I used to be a surgeon too, that's why I'm a plumber now!

Default Re: The Plumber and the Brain Surgeon

There getting older. I saw that one coming by the title.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    There getting older. I saw that one coming by the title.

John

Damn plumbers ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

This was back in the days of the old mainframe computers that were the size of refrigerators.

This company's computer stops working, and nothing they do gets it going again. Finally, they call IBM, and IBM sends out one of their best techs.

The tech walks in, looks at the computer for 2 minutes, plugs it in, turns it on and everything works great. He presents a bill for $10,000.

The CEO blows his stack. "TEN THOUSAND DOALLARS???? ALL YOU DID WAS PLUG THE BLASTED THING IN!!!!"

So the tech takes the bill back and rewrites it: "Plugging computer in: $10.00; knowing what to do: $9,990.00."
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    This was back in the days of the old mainframe computers that were the size of refrigerators.

This company's computer stops working, and nothing they do gets it going again. Finally, they call IBM, and IBM sends out one of their best techs.

The tech walks in, looks at the computer for 2 minutes, plugs it in, turns it on and everything works great. He presents a bill for $10,000.

The CEO blows his stack. "TEN THOUSAND DOALLARS???? ALL YOU DID WAS PLUG THE BLASTED THING IN!!!!"

So the tech takes the bill back and rewrites it: "Plugging computer in: $10.00; knowing what to do: $9,990.00."
    I like your version too...

LOL...like it I think from that day surgeon also shifted its profession..lol...

LOL! I like both versions!

LOL Thats good!

dang!love the second one like it always should be for a wise plumber that was a surgeon before classic. does it happen to you sometimes?