+ Reply to Thread

Default Wasps in the attic

Our home is only 9 years old. Our attic is a full walk up unfinished attic. We have been getting many wasps making nests in the eves of the attic. How can we prevent the wasps from geting in? Is there screening that can be put down to allow air flow but keep the pests out? Any help is appreciated. Willing to try anything!

Default Re: Wasps in the attic

Wasps and other insects are worse than bad tenants. And they don't even pay any rent. If the existing screens won't stop them, install better screens.

Physically remove their nests and kill them. Evict them. That's what do when I see wasps, yellow jackets and hornets. For bees, I get a bee keeper to do the job.

You can add better mesh screening as previously mentioned. Also, you can watch the wasps coming in and out and seal those areas as well. Many times, there are gaps in the construction that allow bees and wasps, as well as other animals like rodents and even raccoons, to get into your attic. Find those areas and permanently seal them.

We have one set of windows that extends out under the eaves, resulting in a soffit above the kitchen sink. This is on the main floor above a daylight basement.

I kept finding bees in the sink in the mornings, and also noticed a small bubble in the paint of the horizontal surface. I climbed up for a closesr look and could hear buzzing coming from it. I touched the paint bubble and it fell away, revealing a hole in the drywall. Some sort of bees had come in through a small hole in the window trim and set up home, literally eating the drywall to do it.

We masked off the can light over the sink, then sprayed the cavity with insecticide from within the house for three days in a row to get rid of them. Husband climbed the 12 or feet to sprayed from the outside as well. Finished off by closing the hole.

I had nightmares about bees swarming down through the kitchen for months.

Sorry if this is off-topic. We have one set of windows that extends out under the eaves, resulting in a soffit above the kitchen sink. This is on the main floor above a daylight basement.

I kept finding bees in the sink in the mornings, and also noticed a small bubble in the paint of the horizontal surface. I climbed up for a closesr look and could hear buzzing coming from it. I touched the paint bubble and it fell away, revealing a hole in the drywall. Some sort of bees had come in through a small hole in the window trim and set up home, literally eating the drywall to do it.

We masked off the can light over the sink, then sprayed the cavity with insecticide from within the house for three days in a row to get rid of them. Husband climbed the 12 or feet to sprayed from the outside as well. Finished off by closing the hole.

I had nightmares about bees swarming down through the kitchen for months.