+ Reply to Thread

Default bath shower pours when in use

Upstrairs when the shower is in use it POURS down in my own bathroom.
    It seems to be coming from a pipe somewhere . We opened the sealing and i see the beams - where the bath sits but i cant see the shower line - it is in the wall But i collected 4 cups of water - warm water - what could be the problem ? help !!!
    Last edited by nicfaut; 04-22-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: bath shower pours when in use

If the leak only happens when you use the shower, the leak is most likely in the drain. Expose more of the framing to pin point the exact loaction of the leak, and fix it.

A leak in the hot water supply line would have resulted in a continuous leak, which is not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    If the leak only happens when you use the shower, the leak is most likely in the drain. Expose more of the framing to pin point the exact loaction of the leak, and fix it.

A leak in the hot water supply line would have resulted in a continuous leak, which is not the case here.
    so where is this drain you are talking about ? i did a test and when we take a bath no leak only when shower is in use...
    thanks

In light of the new information you provided:

If the leak happens ONLY when you use the shower, it could be coming from the shower diverter or the shower pipe/connection.

If you have access from the back of the bathroom, you'll need to cut the drywall to be able to spot the leak.