+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Till sod or remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    I'm glad to see that we all agree that we disagree.
    I disagree ...

If anyone wants to use herbicides, that is their prerogative, obviously I'm not a proponent.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Spruce,

If you disagree to agree but agree to disagree, then on are on the same page as me !?

But seriously, the poster is now saying that he wants to grow vegtables in this yard, not a new lawn. That makes your previous answer, and others', right on the money: NO ROUND UP.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Spruce,

If you disagree to agree but agree to disagree, then on are on the same page as me !?
    To agreeably disagree is the most agreeing decree, however, given that we are disagreed in what is arguably agreeable, it doesn't look like there will be any agreement to any degree. Wait ... What?!?!?!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Roundup, wait a week and till.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Sometimes the existing "grass" is in such bad shape that a sod cutter will not work well. The original owners of my house had not leveled the ground properly. I could barely mow it! I also had more weeds then grass in the back yard (apparently the builder had graded the front and side yards). I "nuked" the whole area with Round-Up and tilled it under after it was obviously brown and dead. Many weeds can regenerate from live roots. This is another reason to totally kill the weeds before planting anew on top.