+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Redirecting Staircase??

We have a stairway that ends directly at the front door which makes it unsafe to open door. Is it possible to redirect the staircase?? I have attached a photo to see. If this is possible how and who would I contact and price range?

Default Re: Redirecting Staircase??

Quote Originally Posted by kerskarina View Post
    We have a stairway that ends directly at the front door which makes it unsafe to open door. Is it possible to redirect the staircase?? I have attached a photo to see. If this is possible how and who would I contact and price range?
    Unfortunately your photo isn't available.
    Redirecting the staircase might actually become a major project.
    A lot depends on layout , surrounding structure , electrical , plumbing , heat ducts /pipes , etc.. Also as soon as you touch those stairs they will likely need to replaced especially to meet current code.

Depending on what is required to redirect those stairs will determine which trades are needed -- carpenters , electrician , plasterer/derywall , plumber , HVAC , painters.
    In short a general contractor would be able to take care of this and probably won't be cheap..

Another option to consider -- is it possible to move the door ? This may be less work and cost.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush