Re: Remodelling an old house!
1. Does it make sense to remodel/repair the first floor?
That is a very general and open question. With no details it is hard to answer. Pictures would be helpful along with what you have in mind to do.
2. Should we sell this house instead of remodelling?
In today's market selling could be difficult,. Remodeling usually requires a long term stay to recope costs.
3. Where can we find good general contractors?We do not have any reference.We live in Northern New Jersey.
1. Have a general idea of the work you want done, do research about how this type of work is done, and ask questions on here for advice.
2. Always get least 3 estimates for work which should include a detailed list of the work to be done and material needed.
3. Check with neighbors and friends for recommendations of contractors.
4. Check Angie's list for contractors.
5. Ask for references and to see work they have previously completed.
Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb