+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Thermostat Ideas for a Historical Home

Hi!
    We're redoing the electrical on our 1909 Colonial Revival home. While we're at it, we'd like to replace some lighting etc. We have come to the main floor and are now looking at our very modern thermostat. Does any one know of a source where we can obtain an antique like thermostat? We've found actual antique ones, but these of course leave a little to desired on the functioning end. Has anyone else found a solution?

Default Re: Thermostat Ideas for a Historical Home

You might be able to find a period-looking thermostat cover, which would go over any modern thermostat that meets your needs. Just flip open the cover to adjust the thermostat.

A thermostat cover could even be custom made; just remember that it needs good ventilation.

Seems like security alarm panels & sensors would have the same problem fitting in in an old house.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Lightbulb Re: Thermostat Ideas for a Historical Home

THIS place rebuilds old thermostats. They should be able to point you in the right direction