+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Need to build a work table

I need some advice on building a work table for us to use for school work, bill paying, and all that other fun stuff. I want to paint it so I was considering particle board for costs sake. It needs to be about six feet long and just under three feet deep and 30" high. Right now we are using the dining room table that belonged to my great grandparents. And my blood boils when the boyfriend slides his laptop and crap across it. Please help!

Default Re: Need to build a work table

It will be easiest and cheapest to either buy a folding table for your purposes, or to go thrift shopping and buy a table you don't care about getting messed up. You could use a tablecloth to protect your existing table, though I suspect that you'd still not be keen on the boyfriend shifting his stuff around on it.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Another option, to add to spruce's suggestion, is to go to a place like ikea and check out what they have.

Now, if you were talking about a work table for the garage, I'd say "build one".

Although it'll be a little longer than the six foot length you're after, a door (old or new) is a always a good option.

https://www.google.com/search?q=door...w=1280&bih=862

I re-purpose doors as desks/work tables freq. I currently have a few in my office as well as the garage. It's fast, easy, and not costly. The ones inside have a coat of white paint.

http://bloodsweatandpigsears.blogspot.com/