+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Installation of water softener and filter.

Hi everyone. I have several questions.

The water where I live is so hard. Plus my water heater is getting really old.

I would like to install a water softener and a new hot water heater.

First. Does a water softener require a drain to drain into?

I am looking for the best, most reliable, softener. I don't care about price. What is a really reliable, long lasting softener that requires little maintenance? Also I want a big on that doesn't reduce water pressure and one that I don't have to fill with salt every other day.

I did some brief research and came up with this one.

Fleck 9000 80,000 Grain Capacity (each tank) Water Softener System. K90R800

www daught watervalue daught com slash watersofteners daught html

Is this one good?

I have a small house only 2 baths, a kitchen, and a laundry room. But I really don't want to have a problem with water pressure or charging problems.

It makes sense to put the softener on the main line before going to the hot water tank or else I would have hard hot water and soft cold water. But does soft water ruin a hot water heater faster???

Finally, what should my configuration look like???

Main Line -> Softener -> Filter -> Water Heater -> House???

Or

Main Line -> Filter -> Softener -> Water Heater -> House???

Or

Something else???

Thanks

We aim to provide you a one stop shop for all your water related needs, be it a drinking water filters, domestic water purifiers, commercial water filter plants or industrial water purifiers, drinking water filters, water treatment plants, water deionizers, water softeners or customized configuration machine

Default Re: Installation of water softener and filter.

I have Main Line -> Filter -> Softener -> Water Heater and house The filter helps keep large particles out of the softener. You might consider using potassium based Natures Own rather than salt. On our system it cut usage from 4 bags a month to one bag.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I have Main Line -> Filter -> Softener -> Water Heater and house The filter helps keep large particles out of the softener. You might consider using potassium based Natures Own rather than salt. On our system it cut usage from 4 bags a month to one bag.

Jack

Awesome. Thanks for the reply Jack.

I just installed a water softener earlier this month. I'm not going to say one brand of anything is better than another, but I will say that if you do the work yourself compression fittings are the way to go unless you're already experienced with soldering plumbing connections. It's not hard, but it can be a hassle.