+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shower Pan ?

Default Shower Pan ?

Does anyone here have a shower pan with just a shower curtain ? If so do you find you get a lot of water outside your shower? I am debating whether or not I can do this or need to go with doors. Thank-You!

Default Re: Shower Pan ?

You can lower your curtain to where the bottom is just below the top edge of the pan.

Yes, you can use just a curtain, but it won't work quite as well as doors. If it's a money thing, go with the curtain until you can afford the doors, though I'd have to say, I'd hold the project for the few weeks it would take to come up with an extra $200 for the shower doors.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

No, it's not a money thing. It's a cleaning thing. Just hate the thought of cleaning the doors and tracks, shower curtains are easier, just take them down and throw them in the washer. But if it will be water on the floor all the time, I guess I will have to deal with the doors.

Well, curtains are cheap enough, go ahead and go that route and see how you like it, you can always upgrade to a door later. Personally, I think that a door not only works better, but looks better too. Cleaning them isn't all that big a deal, as long as you have a regular cleaning schedule, let it go for 6 months and you're going to have a mess on your hands. If you've got hard water, rub on a coat of Rain-X, which will keep water from sticking to the glass and trim, as well as make what few water spots do show up, easier to remove.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If you are getting a curtain, get the kind that seals the area near the faucet well. And get good quality plastic.

Now they make curtain rods that curve. They look pretty attractive.

The lazy way to deal with 'leaky showers'- Leave yesterday's towel on the rack, it goes on the floor where the water goes before the next shower where you grab a new towel. Post-shower the floor towel goes into the hamper and the 'new' one on the rack. Just keep the rotation going and the spilled water isn't a problem! I had to do that at a rental once where I wasn't going to make improvements I'd have to leave behind when I moved out, the owner suggested doing it this way when I approached him on the subject. Too bad, he could have gotten a shower-door upgrade at half cost but whatever.

Phil

I have a glass shower door and also a tension rod with a shower curtain liner inside of it. It sounds like a belt-and-suspenders kind of thing, but I hate to squeegee after every shower (not to mention I'm not the only one using it!), and it keeps the cleaning down to a minimum.