+ Reply to Thread

Default concrete brick facade?

We recently purchased a ranch built in 1962 that has a facade of what we thought was painted brick since most of the houses in the area are brick. I was planning on at some point in removing the paint to reveal the brick and bring the house back to its original facade. I wanted to see what shape the brick was in before starting the project so when I noticed the latex paint peeling i decided to take the opportunity and stripped some of the paint to take a peek. The latex paint was peeling easily and I could see the house was also painted white. I used acid to clean the brick in a test area. What I found was not brick but what looks like a concrete product shaped like brick. Was it built with concrete bricks with the intent to be painted? Can you shed some light on this for me please? I don't know what to do now.
    Last edited by billdjr; 03-28-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Post pic

Default Re: concrete brick facade?

How can we shade any light on something we can't see? You need to find a way to upload a photo or two.

Wont let me upload a pic

Yes, the concrete brick was intended to be painted. These may have been cheaper than brick when it was built. Not much to do but select a color and go at repainting it.

Phil

Thanks Phil