+ Reply to Thread

Default Heating ducting to vent not installed

Recently purchased a house and discovered that the bathroom cabinets became very hot when the heater came on. Removed the vent cover installed in the front of the bathroom cabinet kickboard to discover that the heater vent came up out of the floor but was never routed over to the vent out of the cabinet. I can't find anything small enough in the local hardware stores to bring the ducting over to the vent. Do I have to cut out the floor of the bathroom cabinet to access the heater vent opening coming up from the crawl space to install the ducting properly? The vent cover is only 3 1/4 inches tall by 13 inches wide.

Default Re: Heating ducting to vent not installed

If the base sink base cabinet is over heating because the duct coming up from the crawl space terminates there, why not remove the bottom of the base cabinet and terminate the duct at the floor line. Then re-install the base cabinet bottom (which you may/will have to cut to get access) and the hot air will then come out the grill at the toe kick. The cabinet will still get a warm, but the hot air will be blowing on your toes. That is if I correctly understand what you are asking.