3 50.00%
  • 35 To 40 Dollars An Hour?

0 0%
  • 50 To 60 Dollars An Hour?

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Hiring A Gardener How Much To Pay?

A family member and I are not too well and we need assistance with our garden. We have someone who does the lawn mowing for us but have never thought we would need a gardener until now. Basically to do some weeding and mulching as needed. What we want to know is how much is too much to pay and should this person be paid a flat rate or an hourly rate. We have had several estimates but are unsure and would like some advice. We only have a few small flower patches and not a very large yard. Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Hiring A Gardener How Much To Pay?

Get 3-4 prices.
    Talk to them and feel them out.
    Then decide.
    Get "everything" in writing.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Since you have a small yard and a few flower beds I would recommend getting a flat rate. Your yard will need attending more often than you flowers so it shouldn't be very expensive. Weeding, as you know, is no fun and would cost more, but if you are tending to the flowers general needs that should keep the cost down as well. I agree you should get a couple of quotes and go with someone who is reliable. Good Luck

Do you have a neighbor(s) that will do it for free (or for some home cooking)? My neighbors are older and had some health problems this past year and I mowed their lawn and shoveling their walks for free. They were kind enough to bring over some homemade pierogis and a bottle of wine (which I didn't expect, but it was nice).

I like the idea of finding a neigbor to help out. maybe kids from the area for the weeding and mulching. A landscape company would have to charge more than the job is really worth.

I think that a good gardner must be in 35 per hour, I have a guy who made an excellent work, but if you want a normal garden or someone to maintein your garden you can hire a chepeast gardener
    Hidden Content - The best home decorating ideas - Garden design ideas.
    Hidden Content - The best home decorating ideas - Garden design ideas.