+ Reply to Thread

Default Washer Drain Pipe Installation

In my basement I have my washer right next to my tub sink. The washer drains into the tub sink which works but it has clogged up several times. I've emptied the trap at the bottom of the tub sink a few times and have added a mesh plug to the sink. But occasionally the sink fills too much and over flows pouring onto the floor making a big mess. I'd like to add a drain line directly into my waste pipe but what's the best way to accomplish this? Thanks!

Default Re: Washer Drain Pipe Installation

A washer drain line is usually a 2" line with a trap and a vent and is fairly simple to install for the experienced.

What do you see when you clean the sink trap that causes the blockages?

Usually I just get wet mess of dirt and hair. Once it looked like a mouse was in there. HaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by cbjfan View Post
    Usually I just get wet mess of dirt and hair. Once it looked like a mouse was in there. HaHa!
    Hair and a mouse? I don't think your washer is the cause of the blockages.

When you say that you put a strainer in the sink, it sometimes fills up and overflows. It does because the strainer gets covered with hair. Remedy: clean the strainer daily.

The first time I emptied it there was a ball of mess "which resembled a mouse".

We clean that mesh out everytime we run the washer. I'd just like to hook into the main plumbing and skip the tub sink mess. My previous homes have always had a pipe that I'd just dropped the waste tub hose into and that was it.

If you have no plumbing experience, hire a plumber to do it for you, because you want the drain done to code and the connections to be leak free.

Call 2 or 3 plumbers for bids, then decide on whom to use.