+ Reply to Thread

Default How to get rid of Bamboo

I planted bamboo several years ago not knowing how invasive it is, and now I want to get it out before it goes into the street and the sewers etc. It's now in my neighbors yard and growing like wildfire. Can anything help? I'm afraid I can't sell this house with it growing in the back yard.....

Default Re: How to get rid of Bamboo

It's difficult, but if you are stubborn, you can do it.

First, cut down the shoots. Use every garden tool you have for cutting, even a chainsaw. Then remove the roots, by digging them out. A lot of sweat, but the longer you wait the more difficult it will get.

Cut it down, then pour glyphosphate in the stalks. Then spray any leaves that come up. Stay at it & you will get it.

Thank you. Where do I get glyphosphate? Is it sold under a brand name like "Roundup" or just glyphosphate.....

I see that the spelling is glyphosate...I found it. Thanks again. I will dig and spray and do whatever is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jessie1.noble@gmail.com View Post
    I see that the spelling is glyphosate...I found it. Thanks again. I will dig and spray and do whatever is needed.
    I see I've been saying & spelling that wrong for years. The ingredient labels seem to be getting smaller and smaller. Roundup is one brand, many others are cheaper.
    Last edited by ed21; 03-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.