+ Reply to Thread

Default kitchen faucet: no water flow

I pressed the handle on the sprayer to use it at my kitchen sink and now I have no water flow at all from the sprayer nor the faucet. What can I do?

Default Re: kitchen faucet: no water flow

Sounds like the transfer valve. What make faucet do you have?

John

AquaSource is all I can see with a sheild underneath

Replace it with a name brand faucet like Delta or Moen. That faucet is a piece of junk don't waste your time trying to fix it even if you could find the parts.

John

Thanks for the info John. That would be my luck! Is it easy to replace a faucet? Do you think I could do it by myself?

You will never be able to find a replacement part for faucets made in China or Pakistan. These faucets are made to break.

Replacing a kitchen faucet is difficult because: 1. It involves working under the sink, where space is tight. 2. You'll find that you'll be on your back with your hands up. Not easy. 3. Removing the old faucet, sometimes the nuts are rusty and difficult to loosen. 4. Many times there is additional work to be done, such as replace the worn out angle stops and supply lines. Unless you've done it before, call somebody. Now is not the time to learn.

A seasoned handyman or a plumber know how to do it fast and effieciently and they stock all necessary parts for the job.