+ Reply to Thread

Default I definitely have a small kitchen

I hate my kitchen , it is long and narrow, 8 ft wide with a open doorway right in the middle of this 8 foot, the outside wall is 16 feet long, with a window where my sink is under this window,. the interior wall is 9ft long, this leave a small open area that is not big enough for a dining table, we have no dining room, we have remodeled every room in the house but have no idea how to do the kitchen so I have an eating area. very frustrating, hoping someone can give us some good ideas. thanks
    oh , cannot open up the 9 ft wall, that wall is 2 chimneys for our fireplaces, so 8x16 is what I have to work with,

Default Re: I definitely have a small kitchen

How big is your dinning table, because if your kitchen area is 8x16 = 128 square feet, and there are so many restrictions, it will never be 150 sf. What I mean is: you got to work with the space you have.

Howdy might want to get the Lowes kitchen design book has a lot of great ideas and suggestions. Also not knowing the layout some are far better might want to rearrange it. A bump out addition could be just the thing too consider heck a couple of bump outs...
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

good news so much less to clean with a small kitchen- man do i ever mess up ours
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

Upload an image or at least a drawing of your kitchen for better understanding.

Have you considered a wall mount drop leaf table? You can make one your self or buy one. It's simply a table that mounts to the wall and when you need it you drop it down and use it. Once done you flip it back up and it's out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Miller View Post
    good news so much less to clean with a small kitchen- man do i ever mess up ours
    yeah man, look on the bright side.