+ Reply to Thread

Default Window Warranty brand missing

Hi all. My husband and I bought a house a few years ago and were told the windows had been replaced fairly recently. Unfortunately for us, we were not left with any information on the warranty and as first time home buyers, we didn't know any better. One of the many surprises we found in the house is something I am now realizing is common, a few of our windows are fogging up within the double panes. We do have some warranty information on one of the windows that includes the date the windows were installed, a PO number, and what I would assume is a serial number. The problem as you may have guessed by my post title is that there is no brand. I've tried googling for images to attempt to match the look of our warranty information but have come up unsuccessful. Does anybody out there have any suggestions?

Default Re: Window Warranty brand missing

Unfortunately, brand and warranty are going to do you little good since most warranties are for the original purchaser and are not transferable.

Having said that, all is not lost. It is common for the seal between dual pane windows to become compromised. When this happens, moisture is drawn between the panes and fogs the window. The cure is to have the glass replaced. If you are a reasonable DIY'r, you can take measurements of the glass itself and have new panes made for you to install yourself. If you are not a handy person, call a glass company to come and do the job for you.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!