+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pigeons on roof

Default Pigeons on roof

I live in upstate NY and finished replacing the roof on my 1930 house last fall. I have an ongoing problem with pigeons roosting on my roof peak, and the mess that goes with them. How do I keep these critters off my roof? Have already tried plastic owl, worked for a few weeks. thanks, Molly

Default Re: Pigeons on roof

Step 2: a real owl?

You cannot. The only thing that will drive the pigeons away is cutting off their food source. If one of your neighbors is feeding them, they will continue to show up each and every day like clockwork. BTDT

Enlist the pigeons to work for the post office.

Google nix-a-lite. This company makes a variety of spiked strips that are mounted on the building. Other companies make similar products too.
    Plastic owls can work, but they need to be moved around before the flying rats figure out they aren't real. I've seen fake owls with motion detectors to activate movement on the owl.

wear a hat an never look up when your going in or out- lol
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    Google nix-a-lite. This company makes a variety of spiked strips that are mounted on the building. Other companies make similar products too.
    Plastic owls can work, but they need to be moved around before the flying rats figure out they aren't real. I've seen fake owls with motion detectors to activate movement on the owl.
    The gas station on the corner has those spikes on the island roof ridge. So the birds are all over the roof, except the ridge.

There is an answer to the pest pigeons. I just can't say it here.