+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Splash guard for gutters

This was a quick and easy one day project, well mixing the concrete wasn't so easy, but the rest wasn't too hard. It took two 80# bags of premix concrete and some precast landscaping boarder stones. You can use use a short block of 2x4 as a float if you want. A regular shovel is the only other tool needed. Of course you do need some type of mixing tub as well, but a small one will do. I mixed the concrete a little on the dry side.

I only made this about 2" thick so I used a high strength mix with the fiber reinforcement. A small extra cost but worth it I think.

Default Re: Splash guard for gutters

Keith, very nice job, it looks attractive and matching. The main thing is that it will allow rainwater to flow away from the foundation, when finished with a little slope.

Thanks. It is sloped to the driveway. It doesn't show in the picture, but most of the bottom is curved and flattens out as it approaches the driveway. The center is about 2" below the edges, not counting the "rocks".
    Last edited by keith3267; 03-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.

So cool. Love the matching designs! Looks way better than the plastic splash guards I got a while ago via the "flex-a-spout". It doesn't match and I've almost run it over with my mower accidentally.