Closed Thread

Default NEED 16 x 16 ceramic tile from Home Depot color: "MAUI"

Hi - We recently bought a house and need to replace a number of cracked and/or broken tiles throughout the house. We found a few tiles in the garage that the former owners left and we tried to find more. Found out that they were purchased form Home Depot. Unfortunately, Home Depot discontinued the color and we've had zero luck finding more of them.

If ANYONE out there has "MAUI" 16 x 16 ceramic tiles from Home Depot, I will happily buy them and pay shipping costs.

Thanks for any help or tips on where to find the tile.

Default Re: NEED 16 x 16 ceramic tile from Home Depot color: "MAUI"

Replace the tiles. You won't find them anywhere.

<sigh>
    That's my fear. Sadly for us, that means retiling almost the entire house. Wee.

It is what it is. When you buy tiles, get about 20% more than you need, to last you a life time. Styles and stocks of tiles vary from batch to batch and so many styles discontinue, leaving homeowners searching for replacement tiles.

BTW, for floors use porcelain tiles.

Re: porcelain tile - thanks for the tip. Doubt we'll stick to tile when we redo the floors. Most of the houses in the area we're in had hardwood originally. Probably go back to that.

I knew finding replacement tiles would be a long shot, that's why I posted here. Just putting it out there to see what would happen.

It would have been lovely if the former owners of this house had thought ahead and purchased extra tile, but whacha gonna do?

Is there anyway to find another retailer that has a close match to the tile? If you like the tile and do not want the hassle now of tearing up and replacing everything maybe these tips would work. There is a company called North Prairie Tileworks that can create a matching tile for you. I think I read about it in a blog on here.

home depot constantly buys large lots of a tile then when its gone its gone... whats worse these tiles are low quality

this topic comes up constantly here and its always the same answer.. if you want to find a close match try going to a tile supply house that contractors use.. other wise your gonna have to redo the entire floor
    fire up the saw and make some dust