+ Reply to Thread

Default Ideas for interior overhead door?

I am renovating a 100+ year old house and am looking for ideas on overhead door to put at the end of my stairs. This allows me to reduce what I have to heat and cool until the upsairs is redone (several years down the road). There is a door there, but when it is open it blocks the doorway between the kitchen and dinning room, which is very busy. There are times that I would like to have the door to upsairs open for air movement, but how can I do this with out blocking another opening or reducing the opening like folding doorw would do. I was thinking that if the door could go up, like a garage door, would give me what I want, but I not sure how to go about that. Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Ideas for interior overhead door?

How about a pocket door or a surface mounted sliding door (barn door )?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yeah, I have given that thougt too, but the stairs have a wall on both sides, so there isn't an adjasent wall to run a door along.

How about putting a door at the top of the stair?
    A rolling overhead could possibly work, but it wouldn't be allowed by code for egress reasons.