+ Reply to Thread

Default Best Way to Post

Please, if your are going to ask questions from the pros, give us all the information possible. We can not see your problem and incomplete information leads to bad or incomplete answers. If you ask how to paint siding, tell us what type of siding it is, not just that it is cedar. Is it smooth cedar lap. rough cedar lap, cedar shake, or cedar rake siding? Also include how old it is and how much paint build is on it. Quality of existing paint is also very important. Please also include the condition of the siding. There is a lot of lap and T-111 siding made of press board type material that has been recalled out there. If you missed the recall, there some ways to prolong this material before you must replace it. I hope that this helps you in asking the right questions.

Default Re: Best Way to Post

Be aware that you will not be allowed to attach images to your post until you have made at least 10 posts.

Nobody from the This Old House show reads this forum, so don't bother asking any questions directed at Kevin, Tommy, Norm, Rich, or Roger. It's for homeowners like you & me to share our experiences and ask each other for advice. There are several experienced professionals from around the US and Canada who enjoy reading & responding, as well.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.