+ Reply to Thread

Default Building Waste line clogging

We lived with our septic system for 8 years without any problems.

In May 2011 the main waste line to the septic tank plugged and we determined that the tank needed to be pumped. Since having the tank pumped and once the tank was full of water, we now have a plugged waste line once a week. The plug seems to always be at the entrance to the septic tank.

Now when the line is plugged and toilet is flushed, air is being forced back up the lavatory drain. I don't understand why for 8 years we didn't have any problems at all and the problems didn't start until after the tank was pumped. Please help.

Sincerly

Errol

Default Re: Building Waste line clogging

Well usually they get pumped every 3-5 years depending on usage and size I wouldn't say its because it was pumped I would say its because it wasn't pumped what happens when there not pumped is all that waste plugs the leech lines and then you need to replace the septic its plugging at the entrance because the septic isn't working properly so its not draining and therefore everything gets plugged at entrance.

unfortunately usually this requires replacement of the leech lines.

Ben's Plumbing
    100 E Center St, Provo, UT 84604
    (801) 850-9087 ‎
    http://www.benjaminfranklinplumbing.com

I agree with plumbingjim. Most likely the leech lines are clogged & need to be replaced. Tank pumping is a maintenence item that needs to be done on a regular basis. I do mine every 3 years. It all depends on tank size & usage.
    It clogged before you had it pumped, but that was because the leech lines were clogged up with solids & not letting the liquids get out. The same thing is happening weekly as the tank fills up.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    I agree with plumbingjim. Most likely the leech lines are clogged & need to be replaced. Tank pumping is a maintenence item that needs to be done on a regular basis. I do mine every 3 years. It all depends on tank size & usage.
    It clogged before you had it pumped, but that was because the leech lines were clogged up with solids & not letting the liquids get out. The same thing is happening weekly as the tank fills up.
    I had the system scoped. There's a line from the septic tank to a distribution tank and the leech lines are connected to the distribution tank. The line from the septic tank to the distribution tank was clear.

Errol

What about the leach lines? Are the allowing the liquid to dissipate?
    Is there a problem at the sewer line/tank connection?