+ Reply to Thread

Default What is the best driveway stain.

I live in Southern California. The driveway has (2) rows of brick ribbon that do not look very good. Some chiped/discolored from water. (I guess I have to replace those) but I don't want to replace the whole driveway. The driveway has a couple of minor cracks, but not bad. (I have a 3 car garage). Is this easy job or does it require a pro? Any idea's will be appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: What is the best driveway stain.

Is your driveway concrete or asphalt?

Generally speaking, concrete or asphalt work is a job for the pros or for the experienced handymen. Even the painting should be done correctly. Therefore it's hard to say if it's for you.

My driveway is concrete. No oil spots. ( I know it still must be cleaned before stain or sealer can be applied.)

First repair the cncrete, fill cracks, etc.

Second, clean by sweeping or blowing, then power wash and again after it's dry.

Third, choose a calm, cool day to paint with no wind or rain. Just before you paint, blow clean again. Use epoxy acrylic concrete paint. Apply with a roller or a sprayer. Apply the right amount and not more than that. You'll probably need a second coat when the first coat dries. Make sure your paint is uniform. Let it completely (see paint container for info) dry before walking or driving on it.

If you just want to have a color applied over the existing repair the cracks with cement grout than you can use the following product.
    El-Ray Fog coat this will only add color to the existing cement you can also stain the brick with it.