+ Reply to Thread

Smile painting bead board

Hello, a few years ago I was remodeling my home. The painter turned contractor talked me into it. I learned my lesson. I am ready to repair what was done.

I purchased bead board paneling the glossy stuff at home depot. He put it up with a staple gun. Yes, he did. A few big ol nails here an there. I've been sick over it for 4 years and just refused not to deal with it.

Someone else tried to help and made a mess of the trim. I have finally found someone I can trust who has experience. So.....I have decided to put up a chair railing, create wainscott, leaving the paneling as is from the bottom 4 feet up the wall. Blemish wise it seems my best bet then from the chair railing to the ceiling trim paint or wall paper. I even wonder about getting wall paper you paint.

Is painting over the glossy paneling feasible or should I look to wallpaper and will it hang well on the paneling? In other words, how do I do this? I am so ready to make this right. Thank you!

Default Re: painting bead board

BDS,
    Whether you decide to paint or wallpaper, I would consider giving the glossy paneling a scuff sand and then priming with an oil primerto assure adhesion. It will make a good base for paint or wallpaper paste.

Default Re: painting bead board

Thank you Ordgen this is the type of info I need. Now, I can just go ask for the product I need. Again Thank you