+ Reply to Thread

Default surface mount hardware detail from the Bedford show

I need to find out details about the door hardware related to the surface mounted door used at the Bedford house in (2011). I have looked on line and the premade stuff is ridiculously expensive. Not only the cost, but I really like the look of the hardware that Ton Silva made for the door. I am trying to open up the down stairs of my house by moving a few walls and will be constructing surface mount doors providing a new more open hallway. This all stated as a result of a broken pipe under the slab. That is currently excavated. I will also be replacing floors lights and repairing the rot behind the walls in the complete gut of the downstairs bathroom. I experience scope creep…not that that has ever happened on any of your shows. The question is…yes I am doing all the work myself.

Default Re: surface mount hardware detail from the Bedford show

At the top of the page, see the blue box that says "PRODUCTS & TOOLS". When you put your cursor over it, you get a drop down box. Put your cursor over the "Products & Services Seen on This Old House". Select the project and click on submit. Here, I'll do that for you. From there you will have to narrow down to what you want.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/p...496798,00.html

I think because it was made by Tom Silva it is not showing up on any of the normal catagories. I was hoping that some one could help out with a bill of materials and some helpful guidence

That was episode 14 which you can download and watch here. There doesn't seem to be much information available otherwise.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/v...559587,00.html

This is a forum for advice from and for viewers of the show. I don't think the people on the show come here, but they might. I have never seen a post by one of their names though.

But, you might also try asking them directly from this page. I think this goes directly to the shows producers and answers of selected questions come from the shows staff. Click on "Ask a Question" in the box "we make house calls"

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/ask-toh

So what is it that you rare looking for from us? The premade stuff costs too much, so making it yourself is the only other choice. Silva says exactly how he made it in the episode. You just have to find a place to buy the raw material.