+ Reply to Thread

Default Rhode Island (Barrington)

Sometime ago there were floor plans for the new project on the site. I can no longer find them. Any ideas???

Default Re: Rhode Island (Barrington)

see the top banner bar --- Planning & Ideas ??

Scroll over that tab -- drop down menu -- Current House project
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/h...ct/0,,,00.html

check it out...web cams (which are exceptional...good quality picture and they have moved them around to give the best views of where they are currently working) and project overview...no floor plans. Norm was there taping last week.

DVR Schedule has been varied and today i was able to catch the Barrington project for the 2nd episode...
    i gotta admit that the roofing and solder work was awful technique. as a roofing contractor licensed in the NE states...i would expect to witness TOH "experts" follow standard guidelines..or at least prevent the installation errors noted..

Open flame technique without sweat solder or pretinning the red copper flanges are sure to fail over time....simple residual water will freeze and thaw causing joints to pop.
    EPDM wasn't properly terminated into the trough...wood fiberboard won't have the compresive strenght to withstand deck overbuild or pedestrian traffic over time.