+ Reply to Thread

Cool laminate flooring

A few years ago I installed laminate flooring in my dining room.I have three rescue dogs and this was the best way to go.Now I want to install it in the living room.The style I used has been discontinued.Can I use a different style just turn it in the other direction and use a transtion piece between them.How will this look?

Default Re: laminate flooring

thats your best bet, definitely go with the transition. by absolutely no means attempt to tie the two floors together.. two problems i see immediately.. different tongue design.. diffrent thickness...

i had a guy hire me a few years back to replace a water damaged floor.. the old laminate was 9 years old.. teh new stuff was a different brand... different thickness.... not only that the new stuff was absolute garbage it wouldnt stay locked together.. i told him he bought a lousy product.. yet he looked at me like i was an idiot. some people only want to save money they dont want to do things right
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Default Re: laminate flooring

IMHO you can do it, but your taste may be different. I've done this, mixing completely different designs and colors, and it worked fine.

Smile Re: laminate flooring

Just wanted to say Thanks now I can go to work.