+ Reply to Thread

Default uploading images: help

I am having trouble adding attachments. I have tried everything, reducing file size, changing file size and name, removing spaces. Any clues how to get image files uploaded? this is the error I get on a 25 kb file (reducing to 18 kb did not help)

IMG_0642 TOH 1b.JPG:
    This is not a valid image file.

I tried to make an Album, as per FAQ entry, but found no Album link in my user control panel.

Thanks!

Default Re: uploading images: help

Unfortunately due to spam, TOH doesn't allow new members to upload images until they have 10 or 15 posts to their credit. You can, however, host the image ******, then post the link here.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

ummm 10 or 15.. im at over 1000 now but should have about 4000 ... anyhow.. i cant post pics either. and im the active mod
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    ummm 10 or 15.. im at over 1000 now but should have about 4000 ... anyhow.. i cant post pics either. and im the active mod
    You'll have to talk to the admin about that. While you're at it, see if you can get control of the word censor so we can type our messages without losing benign words.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Unfortunately due to spam, TOH doesn't allow new members to upload images until they have 10 or 15 posts to their credit. You can, however, host the image ******, then post the link here.
    thanks! i guess i better get busy

Image testing failed here too. After choosing a variety of file types they were all rejected.

I have not tried to upload anything recently, though I'm sure I've done it in the past. Linking from another website works fine.

Speaking of the word censor...

p0wer
    0nline
    g0ld

All valid words considering the subject of this forum, but all blocked by the censor because they *might* be common components of spam, or possibly be objectional. But there are others I haven't figured out how to override: in particular, "scr@per" because it contains the word "r@pe". How silly is that?

So how did I get these words to appear?

Substitue zero for oh.

(Hmm. P0wer used to be blocked, but now it's not. Strange.)
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    Speaking of the word censor...

p0wer
    0nline
    g0ld
    Any word containing r@pe in it, e.g., scr@per, gr@pe, tr@peze, etc.

W0w is another one. Now that we have live moderation, we don't need to have the word censor, or at least remove the listed words from it.

You can e-mail pictures to me at jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com and I will post them for you. Use "TOH PICS" in the subject line and include your TOH login name .

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb