+ Reply to Thread

Default Basement Wall and Water

Hi

Basement wall of my old home seaps in and drips a little bit of water sometimes when it rains.
    It doesnot look scary at this time but i just want to be proactive since it is my boiler/hot water room.
    Basement wall is made of bluestone and outside has a small porch with garden that is 10 by 7 feet in size.

Called 2 contractors:
    One said to do something from outside.
    the other said for inside solution - to scrub only the affected areas & put drylock paint on the entire inside wall.

I think even if we drylock from inside the water will still seap in from outside and will throw the drylock out eventually.
    If your suggestion is outside what should i do there - putting a cement quote outside is best solution?

What do you suggest.

I also have a old square metal sink next to washing machine in my basement next to the above affected areas.
    It is rusting at few places and is not being used.
    Any ideas what i can do with it to make it look better since i am doing the above job anyways.
    Repaint/throw it away/replace it?

Loki.

Default Re: Basement Wall and Water

1. Your thinking is on the right track. The best solution is to treat it from the outside. Go with the first plumber, if the price is right.

2. How old and rusty is your metal sink? if it's to the point of no return, replace it. There are very good utility sinks on the market, I'm sure one will meet your needs.

Default Re: Basement Wall and Water

Thanks for ur reply.

What are good ways to stop the water from outside if outside is a patio with garden?

Loki.