+ Reply to Thread

Default bolier wont kick on

my pliot light is lit on my bolier but it wont kick on to heat the water to warm my home.
    there is a tank o up above the boiler that may need to be recharge and i was wonder how to do it ?

the psi is about 5 and water temp is at 70

Default Re: bolier wont kick on

The tank has nothing to do with the boiler firing. There can be a number of reasons why it isn't firing. I would suggest you get a qualified heating contractor to check it out. Gas is nothing to fool around with.

John

Agree. You most likely have a gas valve issue that you can't solve yourself.

Gas pressure can certainly be sub-par, however I would examine the gas train/gas valve. I had a problem in my furnace years ago where the gas valve would open, however not all the way. Depending on brand and type, they can get easily jammed. If the gas valve isn't opening then you will still have a pilot flame, (separate valve entirely) But no ignition due to the primary valve possibly jamming. The electrics in the gas valve could also be a problem. If you look around the boiler, you will find a grey box with perhaps a Honeywell logo. If it's small and rectangular it'll be the aquastat. This device correlates between the boiler water temp., the thermostat(s), and the burner/gas train. The problem could be there. Either way, don't attempt any of the fuel stuff your self. Have a good technician over for a chat.