Hello everyone! Been digging through the forums for awhile now and decided to join that I have a question about an issue in a home I just bought in Northern California.

The main water supply line from the public utility comes up out of the ground at the corner of the garage using PVC (I assume it's PVC, it's plastic and white piping). At this point there is a connection to copper which goes through a shut off value and into the side of garage into the house. There is a another shut off value in the ground down by the road. Right at the PVC to Copper connection there is a slight leak. We asked the seller to repair the leak, which he did by cutting out the connection and adding another of the same type. I noticed today it's got a slight leak again. He has a threaded male PVC connector going into a threaded female copper connector with some sort of blue sealant or glue.

What is the proper way of repairing this connection so I no longer have an issue with it? There will need to be some sort of transition from the PVC to copper and from reading everything has been recommended with mixed reviews. I don't which way is the correct way.

Thanks for the fantastic site and the help!

Jason