+ Reply to Thread

Default refacing cabinets

I have some older solid wood kitchen cabinets in great condition but the front are plain flat laminate doors. Where would i buy pieces to reface the cabinets myself?
    My advice and opinions come from hands on knowledge...and This Old House Hidden Content

Default Re: refacing cabinets

Quote Originally Posted by dcalabro View Post
    I have some older solid wood kitchen cabinets in great condition but the front are plain flat laminate doors. Where would i buy pieces to reface the cabinets myself?
    For the rails and styles, you purchase 1/8" plywood in the species of your choice, rip it into the appropriate sized strips, and finally cut them to fit. Attach with contact cement.

For doors and drawer fronts, you can either hire a local shop to make them for you or you can order them on-line or from a local retailer.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If your cabinets have standard size openings, you can order on line or get them from a custom cabinet makers. There are many designs to choose from. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited by A. Spruce; 09-25-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

jack deal with hte issue already?
    fire up the saw and make some dust

If you want to order doors try http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...6&site=ROCKLER

If you want to make your own start here http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/Instr...Ds/products/4/

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb