+ Reply to Thread

Default Barcode scanner needed

I have an iPhone and need an app to scan/read the barcodes associated with some articles. What is the name of the app which works with the code appearing on page 65 of the March 2012 issue? I was unable to upload an image of the code in either .jpg or .bmp format.

Default Re: Barcode scanner needed

just do a google search. it should come up. this sort of app is becoming more and more common
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Thanks for your reply. I'd really like to do a Google search, but I have no idea what to search on to find the 'code' used in the TOH articles. I've downloaded several code scanners from the iTunes site and none of them work on this specific code. Please suggest a search topic.

I don't subscribe anymore, so I'm not sure which barcode you are referring to, but there are two common types:

The 'QR Code' which looks like this:

And Microsoft's 'Tag' barcode, AKA 'High Capacity Color Barcode', which looks like this:
    Last edited by Fencepost; 01-31-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Fencepost - Thank you very much! Exactly what I needed. The TAG app is now installed on my iPhone and works great.