+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bathroom faucet

Default Bathroom faucet

I changed the washer/parts for the hot water faucet. When I turned the main valve back on, the water came directly from the faucet with the handle in the off position. To stop water flow I had to turn the main valve back off. What do I do to fix this?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Bathroom faucet

Sounds like you didn't install the washer correctly or you installed a washer that doesn't fit, so it can't stop the water flow.

To save time, money, water and aggravation replace the faucet.

You did not mention the make of the faucet but I am a bit familiar w/ Delta's. If your faucet has a cartidge (which still require "washer" replacement) make sure you have the cartridge installed properly. You may have to do a 180 on the cartridge from the way it is in now. Look to see how the handle position effects the guts (cartridge + i/s the faucet/valve body) to see how things line up to allow water flow. Do this w/out putting it all back together first. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jess4INstaller View Post
    You did not mention the make of the faucet but I am a bit familiar w/ Delta's. If your faucet has a cartidge (which still require "washer" replacement) make sure you have the cartridge installed properly. You may have to do a 180 on the cartridge from the way it is in now. Look to see how the handle position effects the guts (cartridge + i/s the faucet/valve body) to see how things line up to allow water flow. Do this w/out putting it all back together first. Good luck.
    I agree that this is your problem. Good diagnoses jess. Your hired bring your lunch.

John

Maybe it's not a Delta...we don't know it's a Delta or Peerless.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Maybe it's not a Delta...we don't know it's a Delta or Peerless.
    It could be either one but in any case the fix would be the same.

John