+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Airless questions

Hello from Spain
    Im looking into buying an airless sprayer, as i have loads of white masonary walls to paint, plus 3 kids constantly dirtying our interior walls.
    There are very few airless systems here, and if i buy one maybe i can get a few jobs for friends etc.
    Questions:
    There is a big diference in prices between say a wagner pro 119 and a titan 450e is the extra price justified?
    Ive read you have tochange the tips quite frequently, why is that? Do they get damaged, or just wear down?
    When you are cleaning the system, you run water through it, could you use the sprayer as a primitve water sprayer to clean the walls?
    Thanks for any help

Default Re: Airless questions

Don't buy one of those Wagners or any of that type. They will break before you finish the first room. Titan and Graco make sprayers that will last a lifetime but the cost will be several times higher than the disposable Wagner.

My suggestions;

1- Switch to high gloss paint as it cleans easiest (you can always paint over it when you move out)
    2- Rent a sprayer when needed
    3- Teach & expect the kids to clean after themselves.

Default Re: Airless questions

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Don't buy one of those Wagners or any of that type. They will break before you finish the first room. Titan and Graco make sprayers that will last a lifetime but the cost will be several times higher than the disposable Wagner.

My suggestions;

1- Switch to high gloss paint as it cleans easiest (you can always paint over it when you move out)
    2- Rent a sprayer when needed
    3- Teach & expect the kids to clean after themselves.
    My thoughts exactly. The average homeowner does not need to purchase a paint sprayer. The expense for a good one really outweighs it's usefulness when it's only going to be used maybe once a year.

As a for instance, when I was in the trades I used my Titan several times a year for both interior and exterior paint work. I have been retired for 10 years and have used it once in that time. At the time I bought my airless I paid around $700 for it. Rental for the same machine is around $125 a week.

As for using it as a primitive pressure washer, DON'T! You do not want to have that much water flying around in your home. Start by vacuuming the surfaces to be painted to remove as much loose dust as possible. For hand print areas, wash these by hand. You'll probably want to follow up with a bit of stain blocking primer that will cover and seal in any oil/grease from dirty hands or pets rubbing on the wall.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!