+ Reply to Thread

Default need help with laminate

i want to re-laminate but it has a piece missing the size of my hand. how can i re-laminate with out showing this imperfection.

Default Re: need help with laminate

What are you talking about?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If you are short, you'll need to get more planks. Don't take apart what you already installed, you might damage the installed planks.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    If you are short, you'll need to get more planks. Don't take apart what you already installed, you might damage the installed planks.
    Ah, yes, but is he talking about flooring or a countertop, or maybe a veneer on a piece of furniture? Thing is, there isn't enough info to be able to answer, hence, what is he talking about?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I'm sorry but my problem is with a laminate counter top, i need to re-laminate it but it has a piece of laminate missing the size of my hand,i am trying to avoid a dip from the missing section being visible when i lay the new laminate on top. I will appreciate any help you might have.

I would use Bondo - the body filler - to fill the hole. You want something that will be hard and stable. Bondo will allow you to fill and perfectly sand the area flush with the rest of the countertop.